Terms & Conditions
This agreement is between the website (including the owner, providers, staff and affiliates) www.sharkzone.co.za ("Shark Zone") and any customer or online user ("User")
- All spaces on tour should be booked at least 48 hours in advance to avoid disappointment. Shark Zone will not be liable in the event that the tour reaches capacity and is full.
- We reccommend that Shark Cage diving and day tours be booked 72 hours in advance, and wildlife safaris should be booked 7 days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Please ensure that you are given confirmation for each section of your trip. Shark Zone will not be held responsible for passengers left behind as a result of unconfirmed bookings.
- For tours outside South Africa, and except where indicated on the booking sheet, Shark Zone and its staff are not responsible for booking or reserving accommodation and activities for its passengers along the Shark Zone route.
- Not all Shark Zone tours include meals and accommodation.
- It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits, vaccinations and certificates required for your selected travel route.
- The Timetable and Arrival & Departure list are subject to change without prior notification and must be confirmed at the time of making the booking.
- Drivers cannot take bookings or recommend hostels. If a driver influences you in any way, please report this to the Shark Zone Head Office.
- A 'NO SHOW' for any booked section of the journey without prior cancellation will result in the loss of that section of the journey and a new ticket will need to be purchased for that section.
- Please refer to the Shark Zone timetable for days of departure and scheduled departure times. Buses will not wait for passengers who are not ready to depart at the scheduled times.
- Please refer to the Shark Zone timetable for important notes on various stops along our route. Some areas are only accessible through shuttle services with links to our route. All shuttle links must be pre-arranged by the passenger. A shuttle fee may be applicable.
- Passengers are picked up and dropped off at the venues specified on the Arrival and Departure List and must be ready to leave from these departure points at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure times. Shark Zone will not collect you from a hostel or Shark Zone collection point, if you have not booked in advance to be collected from there.
- In the event of a bus running behind schedule due to traffic or road works, every attempt will be made to keep passengers informed but we accept no liability for any inconvenience in this regard.
- No animals are allowed on the bus
- Shark Zone, its servants and its agents shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his or her luggage or other personal property, whenever the same shall arise from or be occasioned by the negligence of the Shark Zone, it's servants or agents or other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of the Shark Zone or under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Cancellation of any booking made through Shark Zone or our affiliates, must be made in writing, a minimum of 48 hours prior to tour departure. Cancellations made within 48 hours will result in a 20% fee cancellation fee.
- No refund will be given for a cancellations made within 24 hours of tour departure, the full tour price is payable.
- No refunds will be given for unused portions of package tours.
- In the unlikely event that you do not see any sharks on your tour, you will receive a complimentary voucher to dive again. This voucher is not transferable.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or more in advance, are transferable to other parties, with prior arrangement of management only.
- Shark Zone is not responsible for any site accessed via a link on the Shark Zone Website. We reccommend that you do not give your personal information to any party on the internet.
- All information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
- The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
- All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept credit card payments via the website and on request will supply our banking details should you wish to make payment via EFT or Direct Deposit.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
- The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
- The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
- The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
- When you click to make a purchase with us, legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our refund policy. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website.