Shark and Safari Package
Day One: Shark Cage Diving
With the Dyer Island Group a few km south of the town home to 50 000 cape fur seals, Gansbaai is the World’s capital for Great White sharks. Boasting the largest population of these majestic creature year-round, shark cage diving and shark viewing trips are a must!
Day Two: Game Safari
The ultimate African safari getaway, a Big 5 Game Reserve close to Cape Town is found less than two hours’ drive from the city. The safari is led by an experienced guide who will share exciting inside stories: facts about your surroundings, exciting tales of the wilderness, easily rousing your inner wild side. Thus you will experience the African wildlife a little closer than you had ever imagined! A horse trail safari option is also possible and for the adventure seeker, guests can replace the horse with a quad bike.
Shark and Safari Package
Make the most of your limited time in Cape Town with our combination Shark Cage Diving and Big 5 Game Safari Expedition.
Day One: Shark Cage Diving
The meeting point for Day 1 is at our diving centre in Gansbaai. This tour includes transport from Cape Town, so Shark Zone will personally collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town. Cape Town to Gansbaai only takes about 2 and a half hours so you’ll be there before you know it.
- A delectable breakfast will be served to clients upon arrival at the meeting point, where you will also be given an all-important safety briefing.
- After breakfast, you’ll be taken to our boat docked at the Kleinbaai Harbour, which is a short 3 minute walk from the meeting point.
- All board! The boat will set off shortly after your arrival, and transport you to the diving spot close-by.
- Once anchored, the crew will immediately begin to chum the water with fish based products like tuna and fish oil, to bring the sharks to the boat. While you wait, the crew will fill you in on the habits and behaviour of the sharks.
- When the first Great White Shark has been spotted, those who have opted to dive will kit up and slip into the cage to begin experience a face to face encounter with the massive animals. Not to worry, if you don’t feel like getting your feet wet, viewing the sharks from the boat is outstanding and sometimes even better than in the cage.
- Clients will be out at sea for about 3 to 4 hours, during which time you’ll be served drinks and snacks on board, to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
- When you get back to shore, you’ll be treated to a more substantial lunch, prepared by us, before being driven back to your accommodation in Cape own.
NB: All dive gear for the outing is included in the price.
Day Two: Safari Expedition
This tour includes transport from Cape Town, which means that Shark Zone will personally collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town.
- Once collected, clients will be driven to the ultimate African safari getaway, a Big 5 Game Reserve near to Cape Town – less than two hours’ drive from the city.
- Once you have arrived at the game reserve, clients will be treated to a delicious full buffet breakfast, and welcome drinks.
- Following breakfast, the safari will begin, led by an experience guide who will share with you exciting about his/her time spent in the wilderness. The game drive will last between 2 – 3 hours in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, giving you plenty of time to observe the animals in their natural habitat.
- Clients will also be able to visit the famous Aquila Rescue Centre on the property.
- After the game drive, clients will be given a full buffet lunch, with the option to cool off with a dip in one of the two swimming pools at the lodge.
- Following lunch, clients will be allowed to enjoy the premises at their leisure before SharkZone transports them back to Cape Town.
- Once collected and once you have arrived at the game reserve clients will be treated to a delicious full buffet lunch.
- Clients will also have the option to cool off with a dip in one of the two swimming pools at the lodge.
- Following lunch, the safari will begin, led by an experience guide who will share with you exciting about his/her time spent in the wilderness. The game drive will last between 2 – 3 hours in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, giving you plenty of time to observe the animals in their natural habitat.
What to bring with you day 1:
- Warm jumper or jacket (the wind can sometimes get cold on the boat).
- Hat & Sun-block.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Swimwear and towel.
- Motion sickness tablets.
What to bring with you Day 2:
- Bathing costume in summer.
- Warm clothing in winter.
Price Break Down:
Until 31 October 2017:
with transfer: R4500
without transfer R2900
1 November to 19 December 2017:
with transfer: R4600
without transfer: R3000
20 December to 10 January 2018:
with transfer: R4700
without transfer: R3100
11 January to 31 October 2018:
with transfer: R4750
without transfer: R3400
These rates apply for FULL DAY safaris
Children under 4 no charge, between 4 and 11 years pay 1/2 price and older than 12 pay full price
Single supplement applies