Shark Diving Gansbaai and Whale Watching Combo
Set your eyes on some of the best of marine wildlife South Africa has to offer with a combined Shark Cage Dive experience and Whale Watching Tour .
With the Dyer Island Group a few km south of the town home to 50 000 cape fur seals, Gansbaai is the World’s capital for Great White sharks. Boasting the largest population of these majestic creature year-round, shark cage diving and shark viewing trips are a must!
Whale Watching, on the other hand, should be on absolutely everyone’s Bucket List. As such, it is a major tourist attraction in South Africa. These stately giants migrate to the South African waters from the Antarctic Ocean to calf from June, and begin the long journey back again at the end of November or beginning of December. With Shark Zone you can see these astonishing giants up close in their natural habitat – a truly spectacular and memorable experience.
Shark Diving Gansbaai and Whale Watching Combo (MAY BE DONE IN 1 DAY or over a few days)
Day 1 – Shark Cage Diving Gansbaai
The meeting point for Day 1 is at our diving centre in Gansbaai. This tour includes transport from Cape Town, so SharkZone will personally collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town. Cape Town to Gansbaai only takes about 2 and a half hours so you’ll be there before you know it.
- A delectable breakfast will be served to clients upon arrival at the meeting point, where you will also be given an all-important safety briefing.
- After breakfast, you’ll be taken to our boat docked at the Kleinbaai Harbour, which is a short 3 minute walk from the meeting point.
- All board! The boat will set off shortly after your arrival, and transport you to the diving spot close-by.
- Once anchored, the crew will immediately begin to chum the water with fish based products like tuna and fish oil, to bring the sharks to the boat. While you wait, the crew will fill you in on the habits and behaviour of the sharks.
- When the first Great White Shark has been spotted, those who have opted to dive will kit up and slip into the cage to begin experience a face to face encounter with the massive animals. Not too worry, if you don’t feel like getting your feet wet, viewing the sharks from the boat is outstanding and sometimes even better than in the cage.
- Clients will be out at sea for about 3 to 4 hours, during which time you’ll be served drinks and snacks on board, to keep the hunger pangs at bay.
- When you get back to shore, you’ll be treated to a more substantial lunch, prepared by us, before being driven back to your accommodation in Cape own.
NB: All dive gear and equipment for the outing is included in the price.
Day 2 – Whale Watching
The following day, clients will have the opportunity to go whale watching – an activity which is one of the most thrilling and awe-inspiring in South Africa.
- Shark Zone will personally collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town, before making your way to the boat.
- The Whale Watching Tour will take 2 hours on average, giving you plenty of time to witness their grandeur and beauty.
- The crew will guide you through the whale watching, and provide you with any information you need whilst viewing these beautiful animals.
- Light snacks and beverages will be served onboard the boat, to keep those hunger pains at bay.
What to bring on Day 1:
- Sun block and hat.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Swim wear and towel.
- Sea sickness tablets.
- Warm jacket.
What to bring on Day 2:
- Warm jumper or jacket because sometimes the wind can get cold while you’re onboard the boat.
- Hat and sun block.
- Camera and/or camcorder.
Price Break Down:
Single supplement applies for transfers