|False Bay, Cape Town||February - September||None|
FALSE BAY SHARK DIVING
Embark upon an exhilarating journey – cage diving with Great White Sharks!
The protocol for this exciting trip is:
Divers assemble at the meeting point False Bay and then we all make our way down to Simons Town Pier. After a safety briefing, we will leave for Seal Island. Once the crew has anchored up, and begun to chum for the Great Whites, the anticipatory wait begin for them to arrive at the party. Once the first shark has been sighted, the first lot of divers will enter the cage – rotating with others every so often. If you don’t feel like getting in the water – that’s fine! You will still have an excellent chance of viewing the sharks from aboard the comfort of the boat.
Bearing witness to a Great White Shark hunt and a natural predation is one of the most exhilarating experiences in South Africa. So here’s to hoping that you’re lucky on the day!
JJPlease note that this is just a rough guideline; the times are confirmed the day before the dive.
- 06:45 Meet at our meeting point in Simons Town. Clients are treated to a complimentary light snack and tea or coffee.
- 07:25 From Simons Town Pier we board the boat, receive the safety briefing and depart for Seal Island.
- 09:00 Arrive at Seal Island. The crew will find a suitable location around the island to anchor and start attracting sharks by chumming the water. Once the sharks arrive the divers will enter the cage. If you do not want to dive then you will you still have an excellent chance of viewing the sharks from aboard the boat. Snacks, soft drinks, fruit juice, bottled water are available on the boat.
- 13:30 Arrive back in harbour
*NB: Please provide 45 Minutes travelling time.
What to bring:
- Sun block and hat.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Swim wear and towel.
- Sea sickness tablets.
- Warm jacket.
PRICES VALID UNTIL 1 DECEMBER 2022
- AM trip: R2950 per person
- Transport is: R650 per person from Cape Town (single supplement applicable)