GANSBAAI SHARK DIVING
Limited space available!
With the Dyer Island Group a few km south of the town Gansbaai being home to 50 000 cape fur seals, it is the World’s capital for Great White sharks. Boasting the largest population of these majestic creatures year-round, shark cage diving and shark viewing trips are a must!
The protocol for this exciting trip is:
Shark Zone’s transport service will personally collect you from where you’re staying in Cape Town, or you must make your own way if you have selected the self-drive option (R1750 per person), and slowly make your way to the meeting point in Gansbaai.
Upon arrival in Gansbaai, you will be served a delectable breakfast whilst you listen to the all-important safety briefing. After eating, you will be taken on a short walk to the Kleinbaai Harbour, just 3 minutes away, to board the boat.
Once the boat has anchored, the crew will immediately begin to chum the water with products such as tuna and fish out to attract the Great Whites. When the first shark has been sighted, kit up, slip into the cage and get ready to be captivated, and experience the magnificence of these animals up close and personal. For those who aren’t into cage diving, the sharks can also be viewed from the boat, and this is often just a good, or even a better viewpoint.
You will also be treated to drinks and snacks on board to keep the hunger pangs away and allow you to focus your full attention of the Great Whites.
You will then return to harbour and the meeting place and enjoy a light lunch whilst watching the DVD of the day.
Each Great White shark cage diving trip in Gansbaai lasts approximately 3-4 hours, and during this time you will have the chance to go eyeball to eyeball with these incredible creatures.
Please note that this itinerary is merely a rough guideline, as the times will only be confirmed the day before the dive. On busy days there will be two to three trips , depending on the weather. These trips are approximately a 7am, 11am and 1pm meeting time in Gansbaai.
Early Bird Trip
- 07:00 – Upon arrival in Gansbaai, clients will be served a delectable breakfast whilst they listen to the all-important safety briefing. After eating, you will be taken on a short walk to the Kleinbair Harbour, just 3 minutes away, to board the boat.
- 08:00 – All aboard! The diving boat is launched from the harbour, and departs for the anchor site close-by. From here, experience approximately 3 hours of incredible Great White shark diving.
- 11:00 – Clients return to the harbour and walk back to the meeting place, swapping stories of their experience along the way.
- 11:30 – Enjoy a leisurely light lunch, whilst watching the video of day.
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes.
- Swimwear and towel.
- Sea sickness tablets.
- Warm jacket.
Price Break Down:
- Adults: R1750 per person
- Children 5 to 9 years of age only: R1100
- Adults: R2200 per person
- Children 5 to 9 years of age only: R1550
A DVD of the day can be ordered at the affordable price of R350.